- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Susan G. Komen’s Bold Goal
HOW WE GET TO HALF:
We will find new treatments for the most aggressive forms of breast cancer that are killing 40,000 people in the U.S. each year. Our focus is on:
- Understanding and finding more effective treatments for metastatic breast cancer (cancer that has spread to other parts of the body – also known a stage IV)
- Developing better therapies for aggressive forms of breast cancer that become resistant to treatment over time, such as Luminal B (HR+/HER2+), triple negative and inflammatory breast cancers.
- Leveraging the use of transformative, next-generation technology to detect breast cancer at the very earliest stage, before it has spread or returned, and when treatment is most effective
Our commitment to the most promising, innovative and meaningful research will never waver.
QUALITY CARE FOR ALL
We will step up our fight to ensure that all people – especially the most vulnerable among us – have access to and utilize high-quality breast cancer care.
- Susan G. Komen has hundreds of local affiliates working to level the playing field for all medically underserved populations, of which Komen NCTC is a leader providing more than $14 million to Community Health Grants since inception
- Susan G. Komen is launching the African-American Health Equity Initiative with $27 million in funding. This initiative will end disparities in breast cancer outcomes in the African-American community.
Our commitment to women and men everywhere will never change. We will always fight for health equity for every woman, man and family we serve.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BE