Susan G. Komen NCTC Seeks New Executive Director to Lead Dynamic Affiliate

December 18, 2019 – The Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast Board of Directors seeks an experienced executive director to lead its dynamic affiliate in Raleigh, NC.

Komen’s next Executive Director will inherit an organization committed to a world without breast cancer. Leveraging the affiliate’s tremendous community of supporters, dedicated staff, and engaged board of directors, the new leader will be expected to build on past success in forging new collaborations and partnerships with donors, breast cancer survivors and thrivers (those diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer), researchers, physicians, and breast cancer care supporters. Click here for more information.

About Susan G. Komen

Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $800 million in research and provided more than $1.6 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life.

Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast (NCTC) was founded in 1997 and is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Through events like the Komen Triangle Race for the Cure, and the Finding Solutions Through Science, Scholars and Survivors Luncheon, Komen NCTC invests 75 percent of the net funds raised to support vital local breast health services and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

In FY 2019-2020, Komen NCTC awarded $350,000 to fund 10 community health programs to meet the needs of people in our state. In addition, it invested $250,000 in breast cancer research. Komen NCTC also received and matched a $150,000 challenge grant from the State Employees Credit Union Foundation in partnership with Komen NC Charlotte. This grant is a two-year, collaborative initiative to collect data in support of a new community-based model for breast cancer care in NC. The execution of this project begins in January 2020 and will continue for two years.

In 2020 the Affiliate will also launch a first of its kind collaborative research initiative to fund joint projects with researchers from UNC and Duke—two of the world’s leading cancer research institutes. The current Executive Director who has led the affiliate since 2012 will transition from the executive director role in January to lead the creation of this new initiative. She remains part of the Komen team, but will no longer be engaged in day to day affiliate activities in order to focus solely on this collaborative research initiative.

The Komen NCTC Affiliate operates with a $1.3 million budget. The Executive Director reports to a Board of 14 active community leaders and manages a staff of 5 full-time and 2 part-time members. Its service area covers 29 counties including Bladen, Brunswick, Caswell, Chatham, Columbus, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Pitt, Sampson, Scotland, Vance, Warren, Wake, and Wilson.

Click here to view the full position profile.