NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
2020 Passing the Promise Race Registration and Transportation Grant
2020 Triangle Race for the Cure® – May 2, 2020
This Passing the Promise Grant opportunity was created in memory of Jeanne Peck, founder of the Triangle Race for the Cure®. Jeanne had a vision of making the Race an event that embraced all breast cancer survivors, thrivers and co-survivors in our Affiliate Service Area regardless of how near or far they lived from the Race or their ability to pay the registration fees.
The Triangle Race for the Cure® raises funds and awareness in the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivors and thrivers (those living with metastatic breast cancer), and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Breast cancer knows no boundaries — not age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location.
Program Goal: Provide an opportunity for breast cancer survivors, thrivers and their supporters who reside in the communities located in our Affiliate Service Area to attend and participate in the 2020 Triangle Race for the Cure on Saturday, May 2nd, at the Frontier in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Maximum Request: $500 (not including the value of qualifying complimentary Race registrations)
Allowable Expenses: (Receipts will be required.)
- Transportation including van or bus rentals, gasoline, and hired driver costs.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages for participants during travel to and/or from the Race.
- Community-based, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide education, support and/or direct services to underserved un/underinsured individuals with breast health needs located in the Affiliate Service Area: Bladen, Brunswick, Caswell, Chatham, Columbus, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Pitt, Sampson, Scotland, Vance, Warren, Wake, and Wilson Counties.
- All applicants, including faith and community-based organizations, must provide proof of non-profit status by submitting a 501(c)(3) determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service before grant funds can be distributed.
- All grant recipients will be asked to complete a report that will be due back to the affiliate by Friday, June 5, 2020.
Application deadline: Sunday, March 29, 2020.
Questions? Please contact Community Health Program Manager Lolita Smith-Moore at email@example.com or call (919) 293-4873 for assistance.