We must do everything we can to save lives.
Every fall, Susan G. Komen seeks to reignite the sense of urgency behind Breast Cancer Awareness Month, by reminding the public that more than 42,000 people in the U.S. are dying every year from this disease – that is unacceptable!
We must take action. That’s why, this year and every year to come, Komen NC Triangle to the Coast will recognize the month of October as Breast Cancer ACTION Month.
In clear and uncompromising terms, our focus is to highlight our work to save lives and to challenge people across our community to join us. Beginning with our annual research grants announcement in September, we showcase the many ways we are working toward accomplishing our BOLD GOAL of reducing breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026 and spotlight the stories of people who are participating in a variety of ways to help save a life.
Ways to Take Action
- Join Us for Breakfast!
- 4th Annual Young Researchers Roundtable Breakfast
- Friday, October 4th at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, NC
- Dine Out for the Cure
- Restaurants and food trucks commit to pledging a percentage of their dining business to Komen NCTC on a day of the restaurant’s choosing. Dine during the week of October 7-13 and support our mission!
- Shop for the Cure
- Shop local stores and boutiques in October and help raise funds for local services and life-saving research.
- Check out Komen’s LIVE PINK program highlighting products and services that directly benefit the fight against breast cancer.
- #SkyPink with Carolina Brewery
- For the 6th year, we are thrilled to partner with Carolina Brewery this October for Breast Cancer Action Month! All #DrinkSkyPink events, hosted by the brewery, help support our fight against breast cancer.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets to Support KomenNCTC
- Save when you buy 6! $20 per ticket; $100 for 6 tickets.
- 6 – Prizes each valued at $600 or above and include:
- Week Vacation in Banner Elk, NC
- Vietri Tabletop Collections
- Diamond Earrings, Bailey’s Fine Jewelry
- Bloomsbury Bistro, 3-course dinner for 4
- Belk Gift Basket with $500 Gift Card
- 25,000 American Airline Miles
- Brew for the Cure, Wilmington
- Learn more about Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Attend our Understanding Stage IV: A Brunch on Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Thursday, November 7th at Edgecombe Community College, Tarboro campus
- Take the lead! Become a #FindingSolutions Table Captain
- Finding Solutions Through Science, Scholars & Survivors Research Luncheon
- Thursday, December 5 at the William and Ida Friday Center, Chapel Hill
- Host a Fundraiser
- Help save lives. Donate today.
Join Us @KomenNCTC
We are grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with local businesses and organizations as part of Breast Cancer Action Month. JOIN US in helping our partners raise proceeds to fuel our mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs of our local communities and by funding breakthrough research to find the cures for breast cancer.