We must do everything we can to save lives.
Every fall, Susan G. Komen seeks to reignite the sense of urgency behind Breast Cancer Awareness Month, by reminding the public that more than 42,000 people in the U.S. are dying every year from this disease – that is unacceptable!
We must take action. That’s why, this year and every year to come, Komen NC Triangle to the Coast will recognize the month of October as Breast Cancer ACTION Month.
In clear and uncompromising terms, our focus is to highlight our work to save lives and to challenge people across our community to join us. Beginning with our annual research grants announcement in September, we showcase the many ways we are working toward accomplishing our BOLD GOAL of reducing breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026 and spotlight the stories of people who are participating in a variety of ways to help save a life.
Ways to Take Action
- Together We Thrive: A Gala for MBC Research
- Virtual Gala that will support our new Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Initiative
- Saturday, October 10th from 7-8PM
- Shop for the Cure
- Shop local stores and boutiques in October and help raise funds for local services and life-saving research.
- Check out Komen’s LIVE PINK program highlighting products and services that directly benefit the fight against breast cancer.
- MBC Impact Series
- Join Komen affiliates, MBC Thrivers, researchers, and supporters across the country for a virtual series on metastatic breast cancer care and the latest research.
- Komen NCTC will host the following sessions:
- Tuesday, September 29th: What’s Driving Your MBC?
- Tuesday, October 27th: Young Researchers & Immunology
- Host a Fundraiser
- Help save lives. Donate today.
Join Us @KomenNCTC
We are grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with local businesses and organizations as part of Breast Cancer Action Month. JOIN US in helping our partners raise proceeds to fuel our mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs of our local communities and by funding breakthrough research to find the cures for breast cancer.