About the event
In partnership with the Edgecombe, Halifax, and Nash communities, Susan G. Komen NC Triangle to the Coast will host Understanding Stage IV: A Brunch on Metastatic Breast Cancer to provide individuals living with metastatic breast cancer (also known as thrivers), caregivers, providers, and survivors the opportunity to learn more about metastatic breast cancer (MBC). The goal of the event is to share more information about MBC and engage in an open dialogue between Komen NC Triangle to the Coast, clinicians, survivors, and individuals living with MBC, while developing a passionate, informed, and supportive community.
WHEN: November 7, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Edgecombe Community College – Tarboro Campus, Mobley Atrium @ Fleming Building, 2009 W. Wilson St., Tarboro, NC 27886
COST: $5 per person. Scholarships are available.
For more information, please contact Community Health Program Manager Lolita Smith-Moore at email@example.com or (919) 493-2873.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Metastatic Breast Cancer/Stage IV 101
- Presentation by a local medical provider on the framework and research of Metastatic Breast Cancer.
Personal Advocacy with your Healthcare Provider
- A conversation-style facilitated session, where a local thriver (living with MBC/Stage IV) and a medical provider discuss the challenges and importance of self-advocacy and developing a working relationship between patient and medical provider.
Panel: Addressing the Needs
- A Q&A panel with a local provider(s), an MBC researcher, a patient navigator, a caregiver/support person, and a thriver (living with MBC/Stage IV).
Round Table Discussion
- This session will end with a 10-minute round table discussion to gather insight for addressing the barriers for people living with MBC/Stage IV in Edgecombe, Halifax, and Nash Counties.
- Pam Kohl, Executive Director at Komen NCTC, living with Metastatic Breast Cancer.
Thanks to our local community partners!
Area L AHEC
Edgecombe County Health Department
Gregory B. Davis Foundation
Halifax County Health Department
Halifax Regional Medical Center
Nash UNC HealthCare Foundation
NC Community Foundation
OIC Family Medical Center