About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast  is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 29-county, region.

Founded in 1997, Komen NCTC  is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front.

Through events like the Komen Wilmington Race for the Cure® , the Komen Triangle Race for the Cure®  and Monthly Sustainers, Komen NCTC invests 75 percent of the net funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

In 2014 – 2015, we awarded $738,000 to fund 14 community health programs to meet the needs of people in our state . – Click here to view list of the grantee organizations and a brief description of the services they provide.

The North Carolina Triangle to the Coast Affiliate service area covers 29 counties including: Bladen, Brunswick, Caswell, Chatham, Columbus, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Pitt, Sampson, Scotland, Vance, Warren, Wake, and Wilson.   Click here for our Affiliate Fact Sheet.

Komen-NorthCarolina-Updated